The following power point covers information over The Imperial Units of Measure.
* Students define The Imperial Units of Measure
* Students review some interesting history behind the evolution of The Imperial System
* Students review the imperial units of length
* Students review the imperial units of mass and weight
* Students review the imperial units of liquid capacity
* Students review the area measurements
* Students review the volume measurements
* Students review the imperial metric ruler and the meaning of various ticks on the metric ruler
* Students review the 6 inch imperial ruler of inches and the meaning of various ticks on the ruler
* Students are introduced to the Vernier Caliper tool used for precise scientific measuring
* Students learn to convert from one unit of measurement to another using unit analysis, and engage in a number of conversions using the necessary steps involved in unit analysis.
* A number of problems are inserted to assist students in application of this material
* Answers are provided
* This lesson is aligned with CC Standards
* I believe students will find the lesson informative, while instructors will find the lesson practical.
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!