Inviting instructors to take a look at the following power point covering The International System of Units (the metric system).
* The lesson begins with a brief discussion over the meaning of he S.I. abbreviation
* This discussion is followed by an introduction to the 7 Base Units within the International System of Units, pointing out what each of the 7 represents
* An explanation is provided as to how the 7 Base Units are modified over time
* Students learn that when writing the commonly used abbreviations for these units, some are written using lower-case abbreviations, while others are written using upper-case abbreviations; students learn when to use each.
* Students learn that there are additional units of measure that are acceptably used with the 7 Base Units, although they are a set of units with an entirely unique name.
* Students learn to use a metric chart, complete with the six most commonly used prefixes.
* Students become familiar with a convenient ACRONYM to assist in the recall of the order in which these prefixes appear on the chart.
* Students learn to convert from one metric prefix to another.
* This power point is aligned with the CC standards of California
* I have provided a four question "follow-up" assessment for student and instructor convenience in determining understanding/comprehension of the lesson
* Included in the power point is a set of GUIDED NOTES intended to encourage students' active participation during the lesson presentation; students will find these notes..beneficial in preparation for quizzes, tests, final exams as well.
* Students will surely find the lesson manageable in the clarity and understanding of the presentation, while instructors will find the lesson practical in its delivery.
* Thank you
LOVE TO TEACH!!!