The following power point lesson covers examples and instructions over Multiplying Polynomials.
* Students begin by applying the distributive property to find the product of a pair of binomials.
* Students learn to apply FOIL in multiplying pairs of binomials, and they understand the meaning of each letter in the FOIL acronym.
* Students learn about how to multiply polynomials of two or more terms, keeping in mind to multiply each term in one polynomial by each term in a second polynomial.
* Students name two unique formats in multiplying polynomials.
* Students describe the steps used in multiplying using each of the two formats.
* Students explain how to write a polynomial expression that represents the total area of a mirror, including a frame around the mirror.
* I have included a 4 question "Follow-up Assessment" to provide feed back to both the students and the instructor as to the level of comprehension by students.
* Also, I have included 8 GUIDED NOTES for students to use during the lesson presentation and to encourage their active participation. The guided notes benefit students in reviewing for quizzes, tests, and final exams, as well.
* The lesson is aligned with CCSS
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!