The following lesson is both FUN and INFORMATIVE!
* Students use the distributive property to simplify sums and differences of radical expressions with like radicands.
* Students define in their own words and give examples of a radicand.
* Students learn to use the distributive property when a radical is in front of a binomial
* Students use FOIL to multiply and simplify two radical binomials.
* Students review "rationalizing the denominators"
* Students define and give an example of a "conjugate"
* This lesson is aligned with CCStandards
* I am confident that students will find the lesson both enjoyable as well as valuable in terms of instruction; teachers should find the material practical and quite adaptable to their curriculum.
* Included in the lesson is a short follow up assessment to provided immediate feed back to students and teachers as to how well the lesson is understood.
* Also included is a set of GUIDED NOTES to encourage active participation among students as the lesson is presented.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!