The following 61 pages present a clear and enjoyable lesson to students over Rational Expressions and Addition and Subtraction with Unlike Denominators.
* The lesson begins with comparing the process with a skill they have already acquired in much earlier mathematical experiences.
* Students review the steps used to determine the LCD for rational expressions
* Students review necessary steps required to create equivalent ratios
* Students learn 5 easy steps needed to follow when adding or subtracting rational expressions.
* Students review distributing the negative when subtracting
* Students learn the term used when a binomial cannot be factored
* Students learn to find LCD when binomials are involved.
* Ample opportunity is provided for students with multiple examples and additional problems to work on their own; answers are included.
* A real-life problem is included involving two friends who plan a camping trip on an island, traveling by a motorized rowboat; answer is provided.
* A "Follow up Assessment" of 8 questions is included to determine student understanding of the material presented.
* Answers are provided for teacher convenience.
* A set of GUIDED NOTES is also included to encourage students' active participation in the lesson presentation; the Guided Notes are additionally beneficial to students when preparing for homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* I am confident that students will enjoy this lesson while learning a difficult concept; teachers should find the lesson practical and easily adaptable to their particular curriculum.
* This lesson is aligned with CC Standards
* Thank you, kindly!
* LOVE TO TEACH!