This is a 46 item "Show your work" review or practice test. It is designed to go with my Unit 10 Guided Presentation Notes on Solving and Graphing Quadratic Functions available here on TPT. This can be used as the "real" test or as a review to get ready for the real or state test.
Topics Covered are:
* Recognizing the parts and purpose of a quadratic function
* Recognizing the shape and orientation of a parabola from its function
* Recognizing basic transformations of the graph from the function
* Graphing centered parabolas
* Graphing shifted parabolas by finding the axis of symmetry and the vertex
* Vocabulary: Finding the vertex, roots, domain, and range from a graph
* Graphing quadratic inequalities
* Simplifying basic radical terms to decimals and simplified radicals
* Solving quadratic equations using the square root method
* Solving quadratic equations using factoring
* Solving quadratic equations using completing the square
* Solving quadratic equations using the quadratic formula
* Finding the number of solutions using the discriminant
***Includes several state test "look alike" problems.
* Application of vertex formula and quadratic formula on a projectile under the force of gravity (equation is given).
I personally give this test every year as my practice test. I give the students a shrunken key (all 4 pages on one page as 3" by 4" thumbnails of the worked out problems. I let my students work on the test in class (usually for two days), then I send them home with the key to finish and study. I don't collect it. It is up to the students to care enough to check answers and study.
Note: All answers are given as simplified radical answers except on the application problem (word problem)
This is a fantastic review for quadratics right before the state test or the end of course final exam.