This is the exact test I give my students upon completing Unit 3 on Solving Inequalities. It goes perfectly with my Unit 3 Guided Presentation Notes available here on TpT.
This test has 30 questions and covers:
* Recognizing Solutions to an Inequality
* Words to Inequalities, especially "at least" and "at most"
* Solving One-step Inequalities
* Solving Two-step Inequalities
* Solving Multi-step Inequalities
* Solving Word Problems with Inequalities
* Solving Compound Inequalities with "and"
* Solving Compound Inequalities with "or"
* Solving Absolute Value Inequalities
* Interval Notation for the answers to such as 4 < x < 10
This test relies heavily on students being able to represent their answers on the number line. Most of the answer choices are given as number lines.
You could use this as your test, or as a practice test before a test you already give, or even as review for the midterm or end of the year.
This file contains the test, the answers, and an answer document in case you need it. I always make my students write on scratch paper and then record their final answers on an answer document.