Who said Station Activities and Math Centers are just for Elementary School?!? This product is a Station Activity, designed to get secondary math students up and moving, working collaboratively and discussing essential algebraic topics.
Materials and student answer sheets are included, along with a sample student completed sheet. All files are in pdf format.
Please check out the Product Preview, which includes, in order:
- the cover page
- teacher direction sheet
- materials and cards needed for each station
- a blank student answer sheet
- a sample completed student answer sheet
My students enjoy station activities. They start at any station of their choice, and work independently or with a small group. Card Sorts and puzzles promote meaningful discussion of the mathematics. Requiring students to complete a recording sheet results in higher student engagement, even with reluctant learners. The nature of each station activity allows students to self-assess their understanding of the topics. As students complete the tasks at a station, they move at their own pace to another station.
The seven stations include:
- Linking Cards for evaluating simple algebraic expressions
- Puzzle for solving one and two step equations
- Card sort for solving multi-step equations
- Web-based app for solving one and two step inequalities
- Matching activity for solving and graphing compound inequalities
- Dear Confused Student writing prompt for solving absolute value equations
- Card sort for solving and graphing absolute value inequalities
Please leave feedback and let me know how it went or if you have suggestions/ comments. Thank you!