Very fun ecology activity that promotes creativity and imagination. Alien Adaptations investigates the terms "habitat" and "adaptation" and encourages students to use high-order thinking and problem solving.
Each student will create a habitat on an alien planet, trade their fictional habitat with another student, then create an animal, alien, or robot that can adapt to the conditions of their partner’s habitat.
This package includes:
- ready-to-go printouts that guide students in creating habitats and creatures
- model of a "Habitat Design"
- slide show of real life animal adaptation examples
- ready-to-go written assessment handout
- detailed formal lesson plan that contains objectives, materials, vocabulary, and instructional procedures