This unit was designed to teach all about the 5 vertebrate animal groups; Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, and Fish. You could use it to supplement your current curriculum materials, or use this entire unit to instruct about each animal group.
Vertebrate Animals- mammal, reptile, amphibian, fish, bird
1. Animal Groups-teaching posters and anchor charts
2. Animal vocabulary cards (includes 40 vocabulary terms)
3. Vertebrate Animal Group KWL charts
4. Vertebrate Animal Group posters
5. Vertebrate Animal Photographs
6. Vertebrate Animal Group bubble maps
7. Vertebrate Animal Group can/have/are charts
8. Cut/Paste sorts- animal groups, movement, body coverings (5 total)
9. Vertebrate Animal Group interactive notebooks- Includes an anchor chart (that you could remove if you wish), bubble map, 5 True or False questions, and an Interesting Facts sheet
10. 12 Habitat posters- includes real photographs!
11. Reproduction Poster- includes real photographs!
12. Body Coverings Poster- includes real photographs!
13. Movements Poster- includes real photographs!
I use this unit as a precursor to our Animal Research Reports. I also use this in conjunction with my Interactive Informational Text Features Notebooks, however neither are needed to use this unit.
You can find the Informational Text Features here:
If there's something additional you'd like to see in this unit, just use the "ask the seller" option and I'd be happy to add it for you!
I LOVE reading your feedback! Leave a comment on how you used this unit and earn free TpT bucks at the same time!
Interested in more freebies and fun?
Check out my blog:
Or follow me on Facebook for exclusive fan only freebies: