Are your kindergarten or first graders learning all about bats? This literacy unit is low prep and includes the three types of writing, vocabulary, story response, and extras! This is great for a bat literacy unit in October or when you're studying nocturnal animals! Use in reading centers, groups, or for writing lessons!
*Sample Lesson Flow - This is a 10 day paced out version of how you could use these activities divided over 10 literacy blocks. Remember this is just a sample, feel free to use the included components however you'd like!
- Premade vocabulary cards
- Student created illustrated word wall cards activity
- Printable emergent reader
- Stellaluna Retelling Activity
- Night song- Inference and character change activities
- Informational writing- Research organizers, writing pages, writing booklet, and checklists.
- Opinion writing- prompt, organizers, and writing pages, and checklist
- Narrative Prompts- Choose a prompt. Plan with a graphic organizer, and then write using the booklet templates (option to use version with guide words at the top of each page) and story writing checklist too!
- Scrambled sentences
- Word Search
- Rhyming words (make a list activity)
- Egg carton craftivity directions