Also included in
- Distance Learning Packets- Students love reading passages about animals. This is a collection of nonfiction passages on animals along with comprehension questions. Purchasing them together here you will save 20%, These passages have scientific information about animals in high-interest passages. S$41.40$51.75Save $10.35
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$108.48$135.60Save $27.12
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.52$145.65Save $29.13
- Do you want your kids to practice reading informational text? Students love these high-interest reading passages on animals. This bundle combines my best-selling reading passages with comprehension questions on animals and provides them for you with a 20% discount. Includes:EaglesHummingbirdsSea Tur$25.34$35.45Save $10.11
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$179.85Save $34.65
- This fourth-grade NGSS science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS. It also includes fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this Huge fourth-grade NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and mor$145.96$179.50Save $33.54
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who unde$131.40$164.25Save $32.85
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$102.56$128.20Save $25.64
Students will practice their reading informational text skills while learning all about bats!
Students will love learning all about bats! Bats have adaptations that help them to survive! This is high-interest nonfiction, six-page reading passage with comprehension questions. Students will learn all about bats, their adaptations, their contribution to the ecosystem, their behavior, their lifecycle, and more. Bats are really interesting animals.
This unit includes:
- reading passages
- text-dependent comprehension questions
- interactive notebook folds
- a true/false sorting activity
- answer keys
This Bats Reading Comprehension passage is great for scientific reading, practicing reading informational text, conservation, and environmental reading and would also be great for Halloween. This is a scientific reading so some of the myths about bats will be dispelled. Students will enjoy this high-interest reading that is all about bats.
Students will learn that there are different types of bats and they have a variety of adaptations, feed on different types of foods, and care for their young. Students will love learning about bats.
Great for Halloween Reading or Scientific Reading.
This Bats Reading unit will take about a week to complete if you follow the close reading guide and if you choose to use all of the response pages. Answer keys are included. Great for grades 3-6.
While this unit does not completely cover the NGSS standards, It touches on and addresses concepts in the following standards:
NGSS 3-LS2-1. Construct an argument that some animals form groups that help members survive
NGSS 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
NGSS 3-LS4-2. Use evidence to construct an explanation for how the variations in characteristics among individuals of the same species may provide advantages in surviving, finding mates, and reproducing
NGSS 4-LS1-1. Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
NGSS 4-LS1-2. Use a model to describe that animals receive different types of information through their senses, process the information in their brain, and respond to the information in different ways.
This resource is also aligned with the science standards for Utah's third grade.
Utah SEEd 3.2.1 Develop models to describe patterns of change that organisms go through during their life cycles. Emphasize that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles, but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
This low prep unit works great for sub plans or for when a teacher needs a high-interest no-prep lesson for the week.
Great Halloween Reading!
Science Concepts Addressed:
Conservation of bats
What Bats Eat
Bat Facts (and Myths)
Reading Skills Addressed:
Reading Back Into the Text
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Making an Argument From Evidence
If you have questions about my resources please contact me email@example.com
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
By Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Students love my reading comprehension passages and questions! Please see my other CLOSE Reading units for science: