Writing All About Books!
Expository Unit Grade K-2
I created these pages that helped my 1st graders put their ideas down on paper. As I taught a unit in reading, writing, and science about text features and animals, I integrated science and writing for our “All About Books”! These pages really helped organize my students writing. Plus you can easily differentiated pages of books depending on students’ abilities. Also you can adjust these pages to be about any subject matter, not just animals! Enjoy!
• Picture Ready Page: I taught descriptive writing.
• Close up and Diagram page: I taught labeling and zooming on an interesting part of subject.
• Did You Know? And More Fun Facts page: I taught factual writing.
• _____ Need’s page: I taught more factual writing on the needs of specific subject.
• How to Page: I taught step by step procedure writing
• Different Types page: I taught more descriptive writing.
• Glossary page: I taught paying close attention to important words
• Table of contents page: I taught organization of all about book!