Make learning about building and physics FUN and hands on in your classroom! Use a small table or a small bookshelf to create an engaging science center full of hands on building materials for students to explore and investigate using the included printables, vocabulary cards, book, anchor charts, and discovery pages (science journal pages)! Included is a read aloud book, Build It Strong! for circle time, anchor charts, and a suggested book list. There is even a half page note you can send home to families, so they can continue the learning at home and strengthen the home school connection.
Bundle and SAVE! Get this product along with ALL of my other little learner science units in the Little Learners Science BUNDLE!
You will need at least 3 of the following for students to build with: cups, brick blocks, cardboard, unit blocks, table top blocks
What’s included: Tons of REAL PHOTOGRAPHS!
· Labels for Organization
· Teacher Instruction Strategies
· Building Science Center Set Up (with real classroom photos of the center in action)
· 16 Building Vocabulary Cards (real photographs)
· Building Activity Charts and Mini Experiments (can also be used for worksheets)
· Prediction Chart – What blocks make the tallest building?
· Experiment & Chart – What blocks make the tallest building?
· Blueprints (2 options)
· Building Materials Circle Maps (exploring the characteristics): cups, cardboard
· Parts of a Building Anchor Chart
· Label the Parts of a Building Interactive Posters (3 options: apartment, bank, house)
· Build Techniques Cards and Student Cards
· Build it Strong! Read Aloud
· Building Journal Covers & Writing Pages (many options)
· Building Home School Connection Note Home (half page)
Check out my STEM I Can Build!
Click the green star to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted! Visit my store Pocket of Preschool
Sign up for my newsletter and you will receive a HUGE family theme writing center filled with word cards, writing paper, write the room, a teacher page with tons of ideas on how to use it the classroom, and real photos of it in action in a classroom for FREE!
Pocket of Preschool ®