Kindergarten Darlings has created a Literacy unit to boost your students reading and writing skills. This unit is full of great emergent readers at various reading levels and No Prep literacy center activities that are ready for you to use in your classroom today. The activities will help support your child's skills needed to build their Dibels sight words recognition, nonsense word fluency, phoneme segmentation and TRC reading skills. In addition, this unit has a great tool for building student writing and sentence development. There are sorting activities that will be useful during word work time.
Your students will learn about butterflies as they are learning valuable reading skills. My students love this unit and are excited about doing the work on this wonderful topic. What child doesn't love butterflies.
1. A Hungry Caterpillar- 1 page easy reader
2. A Butterfly- 1 page easy reader
a. Real y word vs. Nonsense y word
b. Begins with /fl/ vs. /f/ c. Ends with y=long I vs. y= long E
4. Building words that end in y=long I
5. From Egg to Butterfly- colored book and blackline student version 6. A Butterfly’s Life- 3 different leveled emergent readers
7. Butterfly Facts- colored version only
8. Building Butterfly Words: pocket chart activity
9. Colorful Butterflies: pocket chart story activity
10. Sequence Story
11. Butterfly Emergent Reader activity
12. Making Words
13. Build a Sentence
a. Butterflies drink nectar from flowers.
b. Caterpillars turn into pretty butterflies.
14. Life Cycle Cards, poster and activity (2 versions)
15. Butterfly Label activity (2 versions)
16. Butterfly Label Story: colored and blackline version
17. Parts of a Butterfly (2 versions) Poster and student activity
18. Butterflies are, can, have sentence sorting facts activity
19. Seasonal Writing and Word Chart
20. Butterfly fact/story writing paper