Please view the Preview first!
The packet tackles the big question: What is a Character?
With the help of this packet, your students will become gurus at describing the outside (appearance) and inside (words, actions, and feelings) of a character. I designed and differentiated this packet so that all students can be successful when completing these activities.
In order to help students understand these terms, they will first learn about adjectives through a five senses taste test (lesson plan is included). This concrete activity will help prepare them for when they go to describe the outside and inside of a character.
In this packet you will find:
- 3 engaging lesson plans: What is a Character?; Outside of a Character (Appearance); Inside of a Character (Words, Actions, and Feelings)
- anchor charts (which define: characters, appearance, words, action, feelings, adjectives, and the five senses)
- 8 short stories (two versions are available in order to meet the needs of diverse learners)
- differentiated graphic organizers (many different options for you to choose from)
- many extension activities (create your own character, write all about you using adjectives)
All of these activities align with the following Grade 1 English Language Arts Reading Literature Standard:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.7 Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
Click here to grab my setting packet that ties nicely with this setting packet: It Was the Perfect Setting