This unit is a great way to introduce your students to communities and the basics of government. This unit includes 27 powerpoint slide presentations to use with your overhead projector or Promethean or Smart Board. It also includes 40 pages of stations and activities to go with each lesson along with a study guide and test.
The powerpoint lessons consist of:
Lesson 1: What is a community?
Lesson 2: 3 types of communities
Lesson 3: Ways to be a good citizen and government in communities
Lesson 4: Services that communities provide and community workers
Lesson 5: Community leaders ( great as a bridge into an election unit)
The 40 page packet of stations and activities include:
1. What Makes a Community? Station Activity
2. Classify types of communities. Station Activity
3. Mock City Council Activity- developing rules in a community
4. Community Workers Memory Game
5. Create a Community Project
6. Study Guide
7. Test over the unit