Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- This HUGE bundle includes every reading response activity booklet and lesson plan unit in my store for kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades. Save 10% when you buy this bundle instead of buying each item separately, and you get FREE updates for life!Each unit contains a printable reading activity bookle$85.00$99.00Save $14.00
Start the year right and review book care with this BUNDLE of editable, easy-prep library orientation lessons for kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade students!
This unit includes three (3) printable reading response booklets and lesson plans for library classes on a fixed schedule or classroom reading sessions. When used together, these materials cover the first 4 or 5 classes of each grade level. All items in each product are editable.
3 Printable Booklets with a total of 14 Reading Response Activities
- Editable in Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx and Microsoft Publisher .pub file formats
- Easy-to-print PDF file format included
- Each booklet is printed double-sided on 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ paper, then folded and stapled to make an 8.5″ x 5.5.” booklet.
- Each half-page of the printable booklets include a response activity (drawing or short writing) for one of the 14 featured books.
- The back page of each booklet shows more library- and reading-themed book suggestions to read or check out from the library.
EDITABLE Lesson Plans for kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade in Microsoft Word .docx file formats
- Includes National Common Core Standards,
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners, and
- PA Core Standards for ELA
After reading one of the books aloud to the class, students check out new books from the library, and then complete the response activity in the booklet.
- "The Midnight Library" by Kazuno Kohara
- "Manners in the Library" by Shannon McClintock Miller
- "What Happened to Marion’s Book?" by Brook Berg
- "But Excuse Me That is My Book" by Lauren Child
- "Librarians Help" by Dee Ready
1st Grade -
- "Do Not Bring Your Dragon to the Library" by Julie Gassman
- "Bats at the Library" by Brian Lies
- "A Library Book for Bear" by Bonny Becker
- "Our Library" by Eve Bunting
2nd Grade -
- "The Not So Quiet Library" by Zachariah OHora
- "Stella Louella’s Runaway Book" by Lisa Campbell Ernst
- "Miss Moore Thought Otherwise" by Jan Pinborough
- "Jumping Off Library Shelves: A Book of Poems" selected by Lee Bennett Hopkins
- "Bunny’s Book Club" by Annie Silvestro
© Mrs. J in the Library - By purchasing this product, you receive a one-user license. Copying or distributing to others is prohibited. Additional licenses for sharing with other educators are available at a discount. For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Still have questions?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through the Q & A section on TpT with any questions or requests. You can also send me an email at MrsJ [at] mrsjinthelibrary.com.
You might also like these other back-to-school products by Mrs. J in the Library:
Pirate Themed Library Orientation Life-Size Board Game for 3rd grade and up
Outer Space Library Orientation Life-Size Board Game for 3rd grade and up
Yearly Lesson Planner and Schedule Template for 6-day cycle schedules and designed for elementary specialists
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
Connect with Mrs. J in the Library