All About Me, Back to School Soccer Ball Art and Writing Prompt Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This imaginative back to school, all about me art activities and decor bundle will help build classroom community in a creative way.Teachers, have fun getting to know interesting facts about your new students and encourage students to share about themselves and learn about their peers, reflect and sPrice $24.40Original Price $32.55Save $8.15
- Build a strong classroom community during the first week back to school with these engaging all about me art and writing activities.Encourage your new students to reconnect, share about themselves in a gentle way, reflect and set goals using these low prep and fun resources.Save 25% of the price ofPrice $13.55Original Price $18.10Save $4.55
- Summer is the perfect time to engage in creative activities with your students.These activities are low prep, designed to save you time and minimize stress at the end of a busy year.Activities are designed to engage students of all abilities, and the finished artworks make wonderful classroom displaPrice $15.55Original Price $20.75Save $5.20
- Celebrate key events with this imaginative bundle of 20 colorful and inspiring seasonal art activities. Art and creativity play such an important role in learning and self-expression. These low prep resources will keep your classroom walls full of imagery and inspiration all year round.Save 25% of tPrice $57.15Original Price $76.20Save $19.05
- Make the first week back to school fun! This bundle contains twenty 'All About Me' art and writing resources. These activities are ideal for Grades 5-8 and are suitable for engaging both boys and girls, reflecting current tech and fashion trends, hobbies and interests of this 'tween' age group.SavePrice $53.30Original Price $71.15Save $17.85
Learn more about your new students with this 'Soccer Ball About Me', back to school, all about me art and writing activity.
Invite students to respond to prompts in a personal and imaginative way using doodles and graffiti-style lettering.
Ideal for use as an icebreaker activity or as an art-specific lesson
Please see the detailed Preview for more information
16 Instructions/prompts on the ball template include:
- Name, Age, Self Portrait, Favorite Song, Food, Book, Sport and Color
Writing prompt balls
- Prompts encourage students to write some notes
- about their goals, challenges, hopes, and interests
- There is also a lined soccer ball template for students to write about their own themes or topics
- It's fun to glue the doodle and writing balls back to back if you complete both activities
This packet also includes the following:
- 'A Ball About Me/Us' banner for students to decorate and display
- With 2 letters per US letter size page, this will make a large welcoming banner for the new classroom or bulletin board.
- Make a soccer ball bookmark
- Explore pattern, shape, and color with two additional abstract soccer ball doodle worksheets.
- Print onto cardstock for the best results
- Colored pencils and marker pens
- String and pegs for the banner
- Scissors and glue
- Cut out the balls to make a fabulous collaborative wall display
- you can also laminate and suspended them from the ceiling. Watch them spin!
- Use as front covers for journals and workbooks and on locker doors
- UK/Aus/NZ version, with 'favourite colour' spellings are included in the packet
- The templates will match up when glued together, back to back.
- Please note that activities have been designed to complete on separate pieces of paper, they are not formatted to be printed back to back on one sheet of paper. Accurate two-sided printing cannot be guaranteed as paper tends to move slightly while printing
Ideas for use
- Build a strong sense of community during the first week back
- Safe for shy or nervous students to share about themselves
- Meet the Teacher
- Open House
- Bulletin board displays
- ESL students
- Students with learning disabilities
- Encourage creativity in those less confident
- Goal setting and growth mindset
- Social and emotional - help students explore their feelings
- Welcoming new students
- New teacher introduction
- Helpful low prep project for substitute teachers
- End of Year reviews
Happy teacher feedback
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Barbara F says,
“My scholars loved this activity. It was a welcome change to a typical icebreaker. 90% of my students currently play soccer, so that made it even more appealing. I now also have student art for my classroom walls!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Michelle O says,
"So much fun for the students! I even made one myself! Really well laid out and user-friendly! Beautiful bulletin board display! And a creative way for the students to share about themselves! I highly recommend this product!."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jordan E says,
“This is one of my favorite back to school activities! As a former soccer player and coach I love this get to know you activity! Very easy to use.”
You might also like to view these popular seasonal resources:
View my Back to School Bundles here - save 25%
Stay in touch!
Follow my store on TPT to receive notification of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources - you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases :-)
Please get in touch with me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2019.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only