I couldn't think of a better way (or cuter way) to start the year than with these awesome hot air balloon artwork. Students can get to know each other why they work away on each part of the hot air balloon with a basket.
In my class, we used a hole punch and string to attach the basket to the balloon. I demonstrated to two or three students how to assemble and left it there. This was great as students worked together and taught each other how to do it which was fabulous for building relationships!
Pages to be completed:
- My Family (drawing and writing)
- My Hobbies
- Best Memory
- My Talents
- Favourite Things
- My Learning Goals
- What I Like About School
- When I Grow Up...
- Student Name and Photo/Drawing
1. Fill in the information and colour in each part of the balloon.
2. Cut out each piece.
3. Fold each balloon in half down the middle
4. Glue the 3 balloons together, back to back.
5. Fold the sides of each basket to form a small flap (no more than 1cm).
6. Glue each fold of the basket to another until you have glued all 4 sides together.
7. Using a hole punch, make a hole on the top 4 corners of the now assembled basket.
8. Form 3 holes at the base of each side of the balloon assembly (about 1-2 cm from the bottom).
9. Thread string/wool from the basket to the balloon until each hole has been filled.
10. OPTIONAL punch a hole at the top of the balloon and thread string/wool through. This will give you something to hang it by.