This book is the cutest getting to know you back to school activity and a class favorite. It’s perfect for K-2. Here’s what I did for my second graders.
Over the summer I made a copy of the book for each of my students. I cut it out and stapled each book. I sent the book and directions sheet home at the end of the first week of school before the weekend. The kids had until their assigned morning meeting “share day” to bring in their book to share with their classmates during the 2nd week of school. We shared about 4 books a day. The books became part of our classroom library so students could peruse through the books throughout the year. This project certainly helps build classroom community and friendships. Plus, they came out fantastic! The kids really enjoyed making and sharing their books with all of us.
Here’s what to do:
- Copy the book front to back on any paper you’d like. I use a lightweight cardstock, color white.
- Cut out template and staple together on left side arm and foot (You could have your students cut out and staple their own book too).
- Send home book with directions sheet.
- Have students share their books with their peers (either in morning meeting individually or in small groups).
- Display books in class library.
- At Home Directions
- Front Cover
- Me, Myself and I (2)
- Home Sweet Home
- Family Matters
- Special Besties
- Favorites at a Glance
- Hobbies and Interests
- Hopes and Dreams
- Back Cover
Enjoy From My Classroom To Yours!
Follow Me and be notified when new products are uploaded.
Visit For The Love of Teachers for teacher collaboration, professional growth and for tips and tricks from the blog.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license for the desired product.
Product created by For The Love of Teachers Shop Copyright © 2018