All About Me - Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to get to know your students during the first weeks of school? Two weeks’ worth of activities that are themed around candy. Everyday your students will arrive to a piece of candy on their desk with a candy-pun message that welcomes them to the new school year. Paired with the candy-pun is a daily writing prompt that will start your students writing for the day.
Check out our products!
Check out our All About Me Products!
There is a candy-themed journal page that will be put together with other journal pages to create a gumball machine flipbook. The students will love the candy pun writing prompts, candy art, and activities. Teachers will love their students writing from the first day of school. You will have a great hallway or bulletin board display for the beginning of the year and be a hit with your students!
Included in this product:
- “All About Me” Gumball Machine Doodle
- 7 different candy pun writing prompts w/ journal pages
- “Dear future Me” letter
- Get to Know Your Classmates Printout
Surprise students each day with a piece of candy that matches the Candy-pun writing prompt:
- Writing Prompt 1 – Peppermint Candy (commit-mint)
- Writing Prompt 2 – Sweet & Sour Candy (“sweet & sour” days)
- Writing Prompt 3 – Chewing Gum (Students “chews” classroom rules)
- Writing Prompt 4 – Sucker (Way to “Stick” together in the classroom)
- Writing Prompt 5 – LifeSaver (Ways to help or be a “lifesaver” in classroom)
- Writing Prompt 6 – Smartie Candy (“Smartie” decisions for the school year)
- Writing Prompt 7 - Starburst (Ways you “burst” with happiness in school)
Create a colorful hallway display or bulletin board display
- Students will take their journal pages from the writing prompts and create a gumball machine flip book
Morning Work for the first few weeks of school while procedures are taught
- Great fillers to use during teaching procedures that are not just fluff.
- The students will be writing a lot, and the teacher will learn a lot about each student from the writing prompts.
- Can mix and match worksheets as desired
- Students can work at their own pace
No matter how the teacher uses this product, it will be a memorable Back to School Activity. It will make a great keepsake for the students. Save it for the end of the year and let the students reread what they wrote at the beginning.