WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT?
Students will share and collaborate with classmates and classrooms worldwide to discover exciting information about diverse cultures and communities, their geography, government, and many other topics. Information from primary and other sources is tailored to students’ interests.
• Find where in the world their ancestors originated as they collaborate with students from their ancestral countries.
• Create their own individual homepages that will include both biographical information and information about their ancestral countries.
• Work in small interest groups to create and publish a class homepage portraying different aspects of their community including its geography, culture and many other topics.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS LEARN?
Students will increase:
• Writing skills while creating autobiographies and home pages.
• Communication, problem solving and social skills as they collaborate with classmates, e-pals from their ancestral countries and others.
• Knowledge in writing, government, history, geography and diverse cultures as they conduct research, share and collaborate with others.
Suggested Grade levels: Grades 3 – 8
Suggested Duration: 2 - 3 weeks (Beginning the School Year)
• Student Website with student friendly Internet links to resources, and other support to scaffold learning
• Teacher Implementation Guide
• Student/E-pal Contact List
• Global Classroom Teacher partnership collaboration form