These graphs are designed to help with students to identify traits about themselves and that others have similarities and differences.It is fun get to know each other math activity. Gender/Hair/Eye Color/Favorite Color
Lots of math talk can be done using graphs. When I do a graph, I teach all of the following:
Vocabulary: graph, most, least, equal, pictograph, bar graph,
1. one to one correspondance - counting each part of graph
2. Writing the correct number
3. Identifying most/least by guessing just looking at the graph.
4. Identifying most/least/equal by counting AND by looking at the written number
5. What does a graph do?
6. How to read a graph
7. Graph names.
8. Graphs can be created to the side, top, bottom
We also talk about differences doesn't mean we can't be friends.
I also have a Get to Know 4 Corners game where students play 4 corners based on things they like. Purchase separately or in a BUNDLE.