I love lap books because they result in creative collections of interesting and important information. Kids who like doing puzzles, creating displays, or designing scrapbook pages enjoy the ongoing, creative work of making lap books.
This ALL ABOUT ME
lap book can be worked on throughout the first week of school, but older students should be able to finish the project in a single day, if necessary. The open-ended design makes it most appropriate for children in grades 2-5, as they can each write and draw at their own developmental level.
The FRONT COVER Includes:
• An Introduction
• A Blank "Polaroid" for the Student's Picture
• A Label and Frame to Record the School Year
The INSIDE PAGES Include:
• "Numbers About Me"
• "I Do Not Like to Eat..."
• "Fabulous Faves" (A Multi-Page Mini-Booklet)
• "I Am So Scared of..."
• "My Summer, My Family, My Future" (A Multi-Tab Mini-Booklet)
• "I Feel Mad When..."
• "Rave Ratings" (A 3-Star Rating Activity for the Subject Areas)
• A "Did You Know" Tab (Highlights 1 of the Student's Accomplishments)
The BACK COVER Includes:
• A Recording Page for Sharing Out a "Prized Possession"
To complete this lap book, each student will need:
• one file folder
• a glue stick
• 3 brass fasteners
• a set of these templates
Please click on the PREVIEW
above to see sample pages and photos.
A RELATED PROJECT: Back-To-School Lap Book: An Open-Ended Project
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook