All About Me!
This ALL ABOUT ME / AUTOBIOGRAPHY
resource provides materials for students to create an All About Me / Autobiography Lapbook
Designed with third and fourth graders in mind, this resource includes materials for students to use while writing autobiographies, as well as materials for the presentation of their final writing piece, in an All About Me/Autobiography Lapbook.
To complete this project, students:
• interview a family member using the included printable,
• use a graphic organizer as a prewriting tool to organize their writing,
• write informative text in five paragraphs, including an introduction paragraph, three body paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph, and
• create a lapbook as their final product, showcasing their research notes as well as their final written piece.
This could easily be adapted for use in lower grades, or with less able writers, where the expectation is a single informative paragraph.
Their research AND their final writing piece is creatively presented in a lapbook, with several options for assembly. Photos and clear directions are included.
Take a peek at the preview for a closer look at this product!
Popular Lapbook Resources for Structured Writing:
STATE REPORTS Lapbook
HUMAN BODY Lapbook
ALL ABOUT ME Lapbook
END OF THE YEAR Lapbook
Included in this ALL ABOUT ME Lapbook Pack:
• simple, clear directions for lapbook assembly
• photos of sample finished product
• templates for all cutouts and foldables:
- Cover pages: title, drawing, character traits
- Foldable with flaps: Me...The Early Years, Character Traits, The Future
- Foldable with flaps: Character Traits and Evidence
- Foldable with flaps: A Timeline of My Life
- Cutout: My Earliest Memory
- Cutout: The Best Day EVER!
- Cutout: Influences
- Cutout: Talents
- Cutout: Accomplishments
- Cutout: My Family
- Accordion-Style Foldable: My Talents
- Foldable with flaps: "About Me" (fun, interesting sentence starters)
- Envelope with heart-shaped inserts: My Family
• graphic organizer for 5-paragraph informative writing with prompts for autobiographical information
• lined pages with title for finished writing piece
Several Common Core Standards can be addressed with this project, including:
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
Introduce a topic and group related information together; include illustrations when useful to aiding comprehension.
Develop the topic with facts, definitions, and details.
Provide a concluding statement or section.
Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.
To earn TPT credits to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. You can check your credit balance in your TpT Credit Balance
page. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases in my store, or any TpT store. I value and appreciate your feedback!
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts, and freebies:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
You’ll receive customized email updates about this store, and be the first to know when new products are added.