Also included in
- Three all about me banner options - general, math, and science. Perfect for back to school and getting to know your students. Have them complete all or let them choose.$6.00$7.50Save $1.50
Start off your school year with a getting to know you activity that is centered around all things math! Solve the problem of which ice breaker activity to use on your first day. Students will express themselves mathematically to show the sum total of their likes, dislikes, and personality. Once they are all completed, students can compare banners to see similarities and differences.
A twist on an All About Me activity, you can have your students fill these in using mathematical expressions or alternative number systems. This is a great time to learn about binary, hex, quinary, roman numerals, mayan numbers, or other number systems you may enjoy!
- Teacher Notes and Instructions (2 pages)
- Completed Samples (1 page)
- Math Information Pages (3 pages)
- Number Systems Pages
- Binary, Hexadecimal, Quinary
- Roman Numerals
- Mayan Number Chart
- Math About Me Banners (6 pages): Several options are included. Pick one or two templates for your students to fill out.
- Math About Me Banners (12 pages): alternate spellings UK English. The 6 banners are provided in UK English, as well as “Maths About Me” for the heading.
- Math About Me blank templates (2 pages)
- EDITABLE option in Google Slides
The options are given for lower, middle, and upper grades.
For the lower grades, you will need to provide rulers
For the upper grade banner, your students will have to do some research. Some of the options to fill in include things like:
→ movie, in minutes
→ song, in beats per minute
There are also blank options included if you would rather leave this as more of a creative activity!
Looking for digital resources like this?
All About Me Resources