This is a great way to learn more about your students. As the students work on their posters, you can also assess where they are when it comes to writing, spelling, following directions, and working independently. (Make sure you make a poster with the students to model how to complete it.)
The poster can be completed by the students using words and/or pictures.
There are two pages--one with a boy super hero and one with a girl super hero. Let the students pick their pages depending upon what super hero they want to draw.'
The poster is made to be printed on 11" x 17" paper but can be resized in your printer settings.
To complete the poster:
1. Super hero--the students write the name of the super hero in the frame above the super hero. The students then draw the super hero's costume on the figure.
2. In the blank oval, the students draw a self- portrait, or you can use a photograph of the student. The student writes his/her name below the self portrait
3. Favorite animal: the student can draw a picture of his/her favorite animal or write the animal's name below the words "Favorite Animal".
4. Birthday: the students draw the correct number of birthday candles on the cake. They can also write their birthday on the cake itself.
5. Lucky Number: The students write their lucky number below the words.
6. "My Favorites Section"-- the students can
color the crayon or write the color word on the crayon
write a favorite book title on the book
draw a favorite food on the plate
write the title of a favorite television program on the tv (or draw a character from the program on the tv)
color the ice cream cone to match their favorite flavor