This unit is designed to provide ideas and activities that will supplement a “Pet” theme. Activities are intended primarily for preschool and kindergarten students. There are a variety of activities and printables included in this unit, as listed below:
- Materials to Make Five Interactive Books: (What Does the Dog Need, What Does the Cat Need, What Do the Pets Need, and "Which Cat is in the Box"
- 3 Full-color pet vocabulary mini-posters (letter-sized)
- One 11" X 17" "About My Pet" Take Home and Fill In Poster
- 6 Different small "Take Home and Fill In" papers about pets
-Ideas and printables for activities based on the book "Ten Dogs in the Window"
-Two black and white "My Pet"/"The Pet I Would Like to Have" for students
- Printable, full-color labels for Dramatic Play Pet Hospital materials
- Two aided language boards in a pet theme
- Photos and written instructions are included of all projects ideas (there are 15 pages of instructions, suggestions, and photographs)
Please see my other Pet-related items:
Pet Graphing Printables for Kindergarten and Early Grades
Pet Vocabulary Cards for Preschool and Kindergarten
Dramatic Play forms for Writing in a Pet Hospital Theme
Pet Math & Play Dough Mats
These files are intended for the use of one teacher or teaching team. Please do not duplicate or share these files. Please see
my blog for more teaching ideas and inspiration: www.teachingthelittlepeople.com
Thanks for looking!