All About PENGUINS Reading Comprehension Main Idea Text Features Context Clues
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- These interactive comprehension books are hands-on activities that integrate science and social studies topics into your reading instruction. High interest topics keep students engaged while practicing essential comprehension skills including main idea, supporting details, context clues, vocabulary,Price $45.00Original Price $68.75Save $23.75
- This bundle includes 3 Interactive Reading Comprehension activity books: Penguins, Polar Bears, and Reindeer. Your students will learn about polar animals while practicing essential reading comprehension skills including main idea, context clues, vocabulary, and text features.To these activities, stPrice $6.75Original Price $8.25Save $1.50
- This bundle includes 12 interactive reading comprehension books about animals. These books provide a great way to integrate science into your reading instruction. Students will learn all about animal habitats, their diets, adaptations, and more. While working with informational text, they will get vPrice $22.00Original Price $33.00Save $11.00
- This bundle includes all 12 of my interactive reading comprehension activity books about animals in both print and digital formats. These books provide a great way to integrate science into your reading instruction. Students will learn all about animals (habitats, diets, adaptations, and more) whilePrice $42.50Original Price $63.00Save $20.50
This nonfiction reading activity all about penguins combines a high interest topic with reading comprehension practice. It teaches main idea, using context clues, vocabulary, and text features. It is also a great way to integrate science into your reading instruction!
- What are penguins?
- Penguin Habitats
- Penguin Families
- Types of Penguins
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- 6-chapter printable book
- Cut-and-glue titles
- Vocabulary cards with definitions
- Vocabulary graphic organizer
- Full color, digital version
- Links to supplemental websites and videos about penguins
- Answer keys
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
This interactive book makes an excellent activity for your reading centers. It can be also be used for independent reading practice or during your guided reading groups.
To complete the book, students will:
- Read each page, using context clues to fill in the missing information
- Determine main idea and choose the correct title for each chapter
- Complete the table of contents by adding titles in the correct spot
- Use a glossary to understand new vocabulary about penguins
- Complete a companion activity - complete a word search using vocabulary from the text
The vocabulary and definition cards can be use during whole group instruction to build background knowledge about penguins or as a matching activity during centers. The companion graphic organizer can be used to further reinforce learning of new vocabulary.
This resource includes a full-color digital version in Easel that features:
- moveable pieces
- embedded audio that reads the instructions and glossary page aloud
- embedded video
- full-color photos not included in the print version
- self-checking answers
These digital activities can be assigned in your online learning platform (LMS) for students to complete on any device. For more information on Easel Activities, see this GETTING STARTED GUIDE.
✅ Check out the preview to see everything that is included and the video to see how these books work!
What are Interactive Reading Comprehension Books?
These books provide a great way to integrate social studies or science into your reading instruction. Students will learn all about a specific topic while working with informational text, using text features, determining main idea, and gaining new vocabulary. These are hands-on, cut and glue activity books that can be used in centers, small group, or for independent work. High interest text keeps them engaged.
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS HAVE SAID
❤️ "This has been SO much fun! All of my students have been engaged in completing this book and we have all learned a lot about penguins! Thank you!" - Sarah H.
❤️ "The fill-in format for comprehension was especially useful for my kiddos who have memory deficits that impede showing what they know. Text length was good too, not too short or too long for my group" - Christine C.
❤️ "My grade 2/3 class loved this booklet. I use it as an independent learning center. I think the best part is that it has everything you need to practice research including kid-friendly links to learn even more." - Nicole C.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
⭐️ Animal Adaptations Interactive Science Book
⭐️ Vertebrates and Invertebrates Animal Classification Activities