Engage your students in learning with this integrated penguin life cycle unit. This resource includes tons of activities and information to engage your students in learning about the penguin life cycle, penguin adaptations, penguin habitats, penguin diets, and more.
This unit is perfect for K-2 primary students, as many of the science activities and writing craftivities include traceable sentence starters and primary writing lines to guide them in their learning.
Your students will love learning new information about penguins, reading their own penguin mini books (with 2 differentiated levels), participating in a fun penguin iceberg STEM activity, and showing off their knowledge with a writing craftivity or research project.
Included in this resource:
- KWL Chart
- Facts I Know Chart
- Questions I Have Chart
- Facts I Learned Chart
- Penguin Facts Pages (3 options - 1 with traceable sentence starters)
- Penguin Vocabulary Focus Wall Posters
- Penguin "Can, Have, Are" Whole Class Sorting Sentences Activity
- Penguin "Can, Have, Are" Student Writing Activity with Word Bank
- Penguin Life Cycle Poster and Craftivity Printables
- Penguin Diagram Poster and Student Diagram Fill-In Page
- Penguin Body Parts Labeling Activity
- Penguin Adjectives
- Penguin/Iceberg Info Page/Poster
- Penguin STEM Activity
- Penguin Graphing Whole Class Activity (2 Options)
- 5 Mini Books- All About Penguins, Penguin Life Cycle, Penguin Bodies, Penguin Habitat, Penguin Diet (each mini book has 2 differentiated options for early readers)
- 1 Vocabulary Mini Book
- All About Penguins Full Page and Half Page Writing Craftivities
- Penguin Research Report Pages (Includes.a cover, table of contents, 5 chapter pages, and glossary pages- with and without traceable sentence starters)
Please see the full preview for a closer look at all of the science and ELA activities included in this unit!