Engage your students in learning with this integrated polar bear life cycle unit. This resource includes tons of activities and information to engage your students in learning about the polar bear life cycle, polar bear adaptations, polar bear habitats, polar bear diets, and more.
This unit is perfect for K-2 primary students, as many of the science activities and writing craftivities include traceable sentence starters and primary writing lines to guide them in their learning.
Your students will love learning new information about polar bears, reading their own polar bear mini books (with 2 differentiated levels), participating in a fun polar bear den STEM activity, and showing off their knowledge with a writing craftivity or research project.
Included in this resource:
- KWL Chart
- Facts I Know Chart
- Questions I Have Chart
- Facts I Learned Chart
- Polar Bear Facts Pages (3 options - 1 with traceable sentence starters)
- Polar Bear Vocabulary Focus Wall Posters
- Polar Bear "Can, Have, Are" Whole Class Sorting Sentences Activity
- Polar Bear "Can, Have, Are" Student Writing Activity with Word Bank
- Polar Bear Life Cycle Poster and Craftivity Printables
- Polar Bear Diagram Poster and Student Diagram Fill-In Page
- Polar Bear Body Parts Labeling Activity
- Polar Bear Adjectives
- Polar Bear Den Info Page
- Polar Bear STEM Activity
- Polar Bear Graphing Whole Class Activity (2 Options)
- 5 Mini Books- All About Polar Bears, Polar Bear Life Cycle, Polar Bear Bodies, Polar Bear Habitat, Polar Bear Diet (each mini book has 2 differentiated options for early readers)
- 1 Vocabulary Mini Book
- All About Polar Bears Full Page and Half Page Writing Craftivities
- Polar Bear Research Report Pages (Includes.a cover, table of contents, 5 chapter pages, and glossary pages- with and without traceable sentence starters)
Please see the full preview for a closer look at all of the science and ELA activities included in this unit!