Focus on pumpkins with this differentiated reading and writing unit! Perfect for fall, this reading and writing unit includes leveled reading comprehension passages, vocabulary support, writing worksheets, and an assessment! Designed to save you time and meet the needs of all learners in your classroom, everything you need is included and ready to go!
**This resource is part of the Reading Comprehension and Writing Activities Bundle, everything you need to complete a differentiated reading and writing lesson for every month of the year at a 50% discount price! Click here to see all the resources in the bundle and take advantage of the HUGE savings.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
- Differentiated Reading Passages: The differentiated reading passages are focused on the growing and uses of pumpkins. Advanced, intermediate, and emerging reading levels are included.
- Close Reading Directions: Your students will read the text three times, focusing on main idea, vocabulary, and text-based evidence.
- Vocabulary Support: A divided circle map is included to support students in learning the meaning of several tier two and tier three vocabulary terms included in the text.
- Vocabulary Activity Worksheet: A worksheet is provided for students to practice and apply the vocabulary terms.
- Writing Activity Worksheet: The text-based writing activity requires students to record five facts about pumpkins. Space for an illustration of each fact is also included.
- Assessment: The three-part assessment is based on the informational text and covers vocabulary, comprehension, and includes a short answer extension question.
- Answer Keys: Answer keys are included for the divided circle maps, vocabulary activity worksheet, and assessment.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
The First Thanksgiving Differentiated Reading and Writing Unit
Summary Writing Graphic Organizers
Vocabulary Activities - Bookmark, Templates, & Assessment
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus
♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook ♥ Blog ♥ Pinterest