All About Taxes includes 7 pages of non-fiction text passages, one comprehension test, 2 writing prompts and a glossary page. This packet is great for close reads and integrating economics and reading!
The packet for 5th-8th grade students includes the following:
Page 1: Cover Page
Page 2: Table of Contents
Page 3: What are Taxes?
Page 4: Where Did Taxes Begin?
Page 5: Taxes and the American Revolution
Page 6: Taxes and the Civil War
Page 7: Types of Taxes Today
Page 8: Why Taxes?
Page 9: Do I Have to Pay Taxes?
Pages 10-11: Comprehension Test
Pages 12-13: Comprehension Test Answer Sheets
Pages 14-15: Writing Prompt 1 and Answer Sheet
Pages 16-17: Writing Prompt 2 and Answer Sheet
Page 18: Glossary
Page 19: Credits
Social Studies Informational Text Studies:
- Branches of Government Informational Text Study
- Supply and Demand Informational Text Study
- All About Taxes Informational Text Study
Please click the green star below my store name to follow me.
You may also be interested in:
- Supply and Demand- Non-Fiction Text Packet (Grades 5-8)
- Non-Fiction Text Packet - Pumpkins (Grades 3-5)
- Non-Fiction Text Packet - Plants (Grades 3-5)
- Non-Fiction Text Packet - States of Matter (Grades 3-5)
- Non-Fiction Text Packet - Insects (Grade 3-5)
- Non-Fiction Text Packet - Natural Disasters (Grades 3-5)