This 48 page packet is the perfect practice pack for distinguishing between long a words (a_e, ai, and ay) and short a words. This packet can be used for independent word work stations/centers.
In this packet, you will find:
- Long A Story About Jake the Snake (Students read the story and then identify all of the long a words they see)
-Short A Story About Al the Alligator (Students read the story and then identify all of the short a words they see)
- Sentence Sorting (Students read sentences and determine whether the underlined words are short a or long a words. They "feed" the alligator all of the short a words and "feed" the snake the long a words)
- Short/Long Word Sort (Students will cut, sort and paste long a/short a words in the appropriate column.)
- Word Hunt (Students hunt around the classroom looking for words. They must determine if the words are long/short.)
- Shake, Take and Make (Place words cards in a bag. Students shake the bag, take a word, and then make a sentence using the word.)
- Find a Word (Students locate short a/long a words and then record the words they find.)
For more information about this packet, please download the preview!
Be on the lookout for other vowel packets! I'll be posting them as soon as possible.