Do you have questions about this resource? Message me instantly by clicking HERE!
Please note: The materials in this resource are the same ones included in the LK Teacher Club Membership. If you are a member of the club, please do not purchase these. Thank you!
This 48-page packet is the perfect practice pack for distinguishing between long a words (a_e, ai, and ay) and short a words. This packet can be used for independent word work stations/centers.
In this packet, you will find:
- Long A Story About Jake the Snake (Students read the story and then identify all of the long a words they see)
- Short A Story About Al the Alligator (Students read the story and then identify all of the short a words they see)
- Sentence Sorting (Students read sentences and determine whether the underlined words are short a or long a words. They "feed" the alligator all of the short a words and "feed" the snake the long a words)
- Short/Long Word Sort (Students will cut, sort and paste long a/short a words in the appropriate column.)
- Word Hunt (Students hunt around the classroom looking for words. They must determine if the words are long/short.)
- Shake, Take, and Make (Place words cards in a bag. Students shake the bag, take a word, and then make a sentence using the word.)
- Find a Word (Students locate short a/long a words and then record the words they find.)
For more information about this packet, please download the preview!
Want access to a library of free resources for K-2 students? Join the free VIP Resource Library here!
Come join my private group to connect and collaborate with other primary teachers! Join here!