All About the Ocean Unit
Also included in
- Bilingual!! English and Spanish!! This All About the Ocean Unit in English and Spanish is packed with great, fun, engaging, common core aligned activities, vocabulary puzzles, ready-made anchor charts and worksheets, and much more! There are 150+ pages in this All about the Ocean unit in English andPrice $10.40Original Price $13.00Save $2.60
All About the Ocean Unit
These 89 pages are packed with great, fun, engaging, common core aligned activities, vocabulary puzzles, ready-made anchor charts, student response sheet, and much more for the perfect All About the Ocean Unit!
This All About the Ocean Unit packet includes:
* Vocabulary Puzzles + Frayer model graphic organizer for vocabulary development about ocean vocabulary.
* The Ocean Floor Anchor chart, close read "The Ocean Floor" in full color (to use with a projector), black and white, response sheet on main idea and details, close reading procedures, bookmarks.
*Sharks "fact and opinion" anchor chart and literacy center idea. Materials provided to model the strategy using an anchor chart, 12 fact and opinion "shark" cards, answer sheet.
* Whales and dolphins compare and contrast, materials for interactive anchor chart using a Venn diagram + student answer sheet.
* Jellyfish acrostic poem craftivity.
* Fresh water vs. Salt water experiment directions and background information + booklet following the scientific method.
*Ocean animals "making words" activity. This activity contains 5 different options to make words out of ocean animal names with sorting pages.
This All About the Ocean Unit product fully aligns with the following Common Core Standards:
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text
Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 1 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
Be sure to check out this full product in action by downloading the preview. For a full explanation and more details about this product in use, please visit my blog Where the Magic Happens daily
Thank you for considering my All About the Ocean Unit!
<Click here to see my other great thematic units!!<
Laura Graham - Where the Magic Happens
© 2015, Where the Magic Happens. Life in the Sea - for single classroom use, please purchase multiple licenses (at 50% off the regular price) at check-out for whole-grade or school-wide use.