This lyric sheet can be sung to the tune of "All About the Bass" by Meghan Trainor and is a fun way to help teach your students about Geometry and Graphing! These lyrics can be used to kick off each geometry lesson and has an entire songs' worth of facts- over 3 minutes!
Ideas included in the lyrics:
- Plotting an ordered pair onto a coordinate plane.
- The x-axis is flat.
- The origin is center and it's our starting point when graphing.
- Move left or right first, and then move up or down when graphing.
- Look at the lengths of sides and the angles to determine a shape's properties.
- Parallel lines do not touch.
- Perpendicular lines form a cross.
- A line of symmetry shows a shape that looks the same when it is cut in half.
- You know we're all about the shapes, 'bout the shapes! No problem!
These lyrics are a hit in my classroom, and really help students become enthusiastic about learning geometry and graphing. Sing it acapella, or use an instrumental version of the song to add some extra fun!
If you have any questions regarding this product, please do not hesitate to ask!
Please remember to rate this product and leave feedback.
Check out my other products below!
Click here to visit my store