Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Also included in
- Teach the Black Lives Matter movement, engage students in social justice issues, and encourage collaboration through lit circles with this Black Lives Matter & Social Justice Lit Circle Bundle--online or in person! This literature circle includes material for teaching The Hate U Give by Angie Th$93.82$117.27Save $23.45
Hoping to take the stress out of teaching All American Boys to your class? Want to dive deeply into Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely's poignant novel, but just can't stomach spending the hours it takes to put together the questions, quizzes, and worksheets necessary? This All American Boys bundle takes the stress out of planning for you, while leaving you the flexibility to focus on the skills, lessons, themes, and discussions you want to have--
Here is an idea of what your unit could look like:
- First, build some background knowledge and introduce the novel with the included Introduction Presentation. Customize this for your class!
- Students will begin thinking about the topic of police brutality in America with the Introductory Gallery Walk Activity. As a bonus, they will get out of their seats, move around, and have meaningful discussions!
- As they read, students will answer reading questions to make sure they don't miss anything important whether you read as a class, independently, or as homework.
- You will be able to keep students accountable with regular quizzes without wasting a ton of class time--or spending your whole life grading them!
- Students will also practice their ability to make claims and use evidence in reasoning as they respond to the writing prompts in their All American Boys Reading Journal and Workbook. That is, of course, they will in between the included mini-lessons and fun, creativity pages!
- After students have finished, engage them in an All American Boys Discussion Activity about the themes in the novel.
- Students will also be able to keep track of where they are with some All American Boys themed bookmarks.
With the exception of the bookmarks, all included resources come with digital and printable versions!
My The Hate U Give and Dear Martin bundles align perfectly! Each of these police brutality units has the same number of quizzes, reading question sections, and journal prompts to make differentiating and keeping the grade book neat nice and easy!
- Black Lives Matter & Social Justice Lit Circle Unit Bundle
- 13th Documentary Worksheet
- Analysis Graphic Organizer for Social Justice Literature
- Social Justice Leaflet Mini-Research Project
- Social Justice Speech Project
***Please review the preview for each included resource prior to purchasing to make sure that this bundle is right for you and your students! After purchase, download each resource individually from their own product pages rather than from this page.
: Download each resource from its individual sales page to get access. Downloading your "bundle" from this page will only give you access to resources not stored on Google.