All American Boys by Jason Reynolds & Brendan Kiely Novel Unit Bundle
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Also included in
- Looking for an engaging social justice literature circle unit? Teach the Black Lives Matter movement, engage students in social justice issues, and encourage collaboration through lit circles with this Black Lives Matter-themed Social Justice Literature Circle Unit Bundle--online or in person! ThisPrice $95.46Original Price $120.32Save $24.86
Hoping to take the stress out of teaching All American Boys to your class? Want to dive deeply into Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely's poignant novel, but just can't stomach spending the hours it takes to put together the questions, quizzes, and worksheets necessary? This All American Boys bundle takes the stress out of planning for you while leaving you the flexibility to focus on the skills, lessons, themes, and discussions you want to have--
Here is an idea of what your unit could look like:
- First, build some background knowledge and introduce the novel with the included Introduction Presentation. Customize this for your class!
- Students will begin thinking about the topic of police brutality in America with the Introductory Gallery Walk Activity. As a bonus, they will get out of their seats, move around, and have meaningful discussions!
- As they read, students will answer reading questions to make sure they don't miss anything important whether you read as a class, independently, or as homework.
- You will be able to keep students accountable with regular quizzes without wasting a ton of class time--or spending your whole life grading them!
- Students will also practice their ability to make claims and use evidence in reasoning as they respond to the writing prompts in their All American Boys Reading Journal and Workbook. That is, of course, they will in between the included mini-lessons and fun, creativity pages!
- After students have finished, engage them in an All American Boys Discussion Activity about the themes in the novel.
- Students will also be able to keep track of where they are with some All American Boys themed bookmarks.
With the exception of the bookmarks, all included resources come with digital and printable versions!
- Black Lives Matter & Social Justice Lit Circle Unit Bundle
- 13th Documentary Worksheet
- Analysis Graphic Organizer for Social Justice Literature
- Social Justice Leaflet Mini-Research Project
- Social Justice Speech Project
***This resource consists of NON-EDITABLE PDF and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure these resources support your and your students' needs.