Easy-to-read, Concise Reading Skills Checklists
Covering EVERY CCSS reading skill relevant to your grade level and the one above or below. Depending on each student's ability, use the checklist linking to their next or previous grade level, i.e. for a below level grade 3 you could use the Grade 2&3 Reading Skills Checklist, for an above level student you could print the Grade 3&4 Reading Skills Checklist.
Our literacy coaches and our team of teachers scoured through the entire set of F&P Resources to:
- Combine it with their joint experience in activating these reading skills in the classroom.
- Build a concise developmental continuum based on the F&P text levels and assessment texts
- Make a more concise and useable resource by identifying where F&P designates that a skill should first be introduced, taught, learnt and then by which grade level it should become mastered by the student.
- Provide space for you to take notes throughout the year during guided reading and individual conferences.
- Add a key textual vocabulary checklist for each level (e.g. author, labelled diagram, figurative language, etc.).
Comprehensive and Concise Reading Assessment
In summary, our team of experts created a resource that makes it easy to assess, act on what you're noticing during guided/independent reading conferences and report outcomes at the conclusion of each reading strategy and semester. All reading skills from levels A-Z are covered for within, beyond and about the text.
You may also like:
- Reading Goal Cards & Phonics Decoding Strategies
- Full Unit No Prep Narrative Writing Unit Plan of 21 Lessons Based on the 7 Steps
- Word Attack/Phonics Bookmark with Visuals for Students