Cut and Paste Sorting Activities
Being able to identify the ending sounds in words improves a student's ability to sound out new words and spell words in writing. Ending sounds can be tricky, we speak quickly and the ending sounds are not always clear. This set is perfect for teaching and reinforcing common ending sounds.
* ending sounds taught are Bb, Dd, Gg, Mm, Nn, Pp, and Tt
* Color picture cards and letter cards for whole group instruction. Use them to teach the names of the images, identify the ending sounds, sort pictures for different ending sounds, and more.
* Color picture cards & sorting mats for small group or center work. Use these for small group instruction. Put them in a center for practice after instruction.
* Black and white pictures and letter cards. Use these for independent work. The students can glue them in a sorting notebook or on construction paper. Each letter is on an individual page so you can mix and match letter sounds for sorting.
* Printable pages that target two or three sounds for sorting.
This set offers a variety of resources to teach and reinforce ending sounds. They can be used for direct instruction or for intervention.
Need more Phonics practice, check these out:
Learning the Letters, Names and Sounds
CVC Pictures and Words for Sorting
Pocket Chart for the large cards
Spiral Notebook or Composition Book- for the individual sorts, the students can sort and glue them into a notebook for future reference
Construction Paper- if they do not have a sorting notebook, glue the sort on a piece of construction paper