Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Over 40 pages of slides and activities!
“All Summer in a Day” by Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite short stories to teach. Beautifully written, it is a perfect mentor text for teaching figurative language.
The conflict in the story also offers the opportunity for some social-emotional focus on bullying.
This short story bundle includes everything you need to teach as in-depth a unit as you would like.
Aligned to the Common Core.
Happy Teaching :)
“All Summer in a Day” Short Story Bundle Includes:
● 11 PowerPoint Slides featuring Do-Now/Quick Start Writing Prompts (Building Schema & Social-Emotional focus; Sensory Language practice)
● Making Predictions Previewing Activity
● Answer Key
● Information for the Teacher
● Characterization Worksheet
● Reading Comprehension Questions
● Social-Emotional Focus: Short Answer Prompts
● Elements of Science Fiction Close-Reading Activity
● Figurative Language Review
● Figurative Language Study
● Figurative Language Practice
● Sensory Language
● “Found” Poem Activity
● Postcards from Space Writing Activity
● Vocabulary Study Graphic Organizer Chart
● Vocabulary Study Extension Activities
● Text Connections Worksheet
● Plot Diagram
● Story Elements Chart
● Theme Response
● Open Response Essay Prompt
● Imagine an Ending Creative Writing Application Activity
● Viewing Links for Free Video Adaptation
● Short Story vs. Short Film Graphic Organizer
"All Summer in a Day" Lesson & Activity Bundle created by Lauren Colletti is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.