Celebrate the uniqueness of your students with these beautiful little kete! They're bursting full of activities to support them to share the things that are most important to them...
Create your kete, then pick and choose from the following activities to fill your bag. *All activities include a photograph and instruction sequence for ease of assemblage!
- Enlarge the kete template included to A3 before colouring, cutting, weaving and assembling. Alternatively, use the 'Kete toppers' that included to upcycle a piece of crayon and dye artwork into an eye catching bag
- Colour the foldable wallet or purse template with the colours and symbols that represent you before cutting out and gluing.
- Complete the ID card with facts & stats about you, add your personal thumb print and signature before laminating & popping into your wallet/kete.
- Add a silly selfie (photo or portrait) to your smart phone, then fill in the 'ap' boxes to show some of your favourite things
- Glue the template back to back before storing in your bag.
- Complete and colour the mini booklet to share some of your strengths, passions & what makes you special before folding and adding to your bag
- What’s the story of your name? How was your name chosen? Was it easy or hard for your parents to pick your name? Are there any family connections in your name?
- Record your story in the clever foldable template before completing the name challenges
- Connections to our community can help us to feel supported and strong! What connections do you have to your local area? Are there any connections you’d like to strengthen or add in the future? Connect them all to your chain!
- Who do I descend from? Where abouts in the world did they call home?
- Complete a grand parent whakapapa-wheel by using coloured flags to show where your grandparents called home. *Great-grandparent wheel also included, both will need family input & support to complete
- These sheets come in 2 versions with wordings of both 'whanau & whakapapa' and 'family & genealogy'
- Am I free to be me?
- Do my words and behaviours support others to be themselves?
- Do we need to put people into boxes?
Looking for other classroom organisation & display resources? You might want to have a peek here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I appreciate your custom and value your feedback – thank you!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive e-mail updates about this store.
- This download is a PDF and is formatted in A4 size.
Come and get Grubby with us!
Green Grubs Blog