All in One Compound Word Activities combines two other products which are also for sale in this store: The Compound Word Book for Teachers and Therapists, and Compound Word Activities for Kids.
This product is offered in response to the needs of those classroom teachers who have students requiring 1:1 tutoring in addition to those who can work independently.
Both products can be used independently OR to support our ipad app, "Build Compound Words."
This download provides a comprehensive unit to practice 24 common compound words. The activities are designed to meet common core requirements for 2nd grade level students; English language learners; special needs and/or low language students of any age.
Activities for therapists/tutors include:
• matching puzzle pieces to form a correct compound word
• copying the compound word
• combining root words to form the compound word
• writing the compound word given picture prompt
• reading the compound word
• articulating all sounds in the compound word
Additional activities for students working independently include:
• "I have Who Has" game with compound words
• Guessing the compound word game
• Making an ABC Book of Compound Words
• Making an interactive journal to collect compound words
• Generating sentences using compound words
• Circling parts of a compound word
• Matching first and second root words to form a compound word
Please review the product preview to see a sampling of activities included in this download.
We will soon be releasing an app to accompany this product: Build Compound Words by jackapps education.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License