Products in this Bundle (4)
This bundle contains the full unit materials for Robert Penn Warren's masterful novel, All the King's Men. This is an excellent but challenging novel for students to study. This unit includes:
- 1 unit plan with suggested homework activities
- 1 unit test with answer key
- 8 pages of handouts, rubrics, and objectives
- 3 quizzes including answer keys
- 1 Socratic Seminar with questions, procedure, and rubric
- 84 pages of powerpoint notes based on chapters, including quote analysis, theme discussion, and overall plot explanations
- 27 pages of student notes, aligning with the guided reading notes
The unit culminates with several assessments, including a unit test, a creative political cartoon, and an analytical paper, for which I've included a rubric.
I have taught this unit for six years and have made improvements every year, so this is as good as it has ever been. If you are teaching the novel for the first time the size and depth of the novel can be extremely daunting, making this a useful tool!
Each file in this resource is available in both PDF and Microsoft Office (Word & PowerPoint), allowing you to customize the material as needed.
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.