Alliteration Activity Middle School Poetry
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Why do we often submit our students to long, dull, (dare I say, torturous) poetry units that they hate? Why not make poetry as fun and exciting as it has the potential to be?This unit does just that! Inside this .pdf file, you will find 10 elements of poetry lesson plans and activities plus a pre anPrice $27.00Original Price $41.49Save $14.49
Searching for and engaging alliteration activity? These FREE Alliteration Activities are such a fun way to get your middle school students excited about poetry! This product includes direct instruction and many examples of alliteration in poetry as well as in real life. An engaging Slides presentation will guide your class through the activities. Laugh and have fun with your students while studying this poetic device.
Also included are two student assignments. The first asks students to take a closer look at alliteration found in Maya Angelou's "Caged Bird." The second is a fun creative project using alliteration! Answer keys and grading rubrics are included!
- Teacher Guidelines for Teaching Lesson
- Basic Lesson Outline
- TWO Student Assignments
- Answer Key and Rubric
- Example of Project
- Engaging Slides Presentation to facilitate learning
- Fun and Engaging Learning Activities!
If you enjoy this activity, check out the full Poetry unit!
Lesson 1: Poetry 101 - Strategies for Reading Poetry
Lesson 2: Topic and Theme in Poetry
Lesson 3: Analyzing Imagery in Poetry
Lesson 4: Similes and Metaphors in Poetry
Lesson 5: Extended Metaphors in Poetry
Lesson 6: Personification in Poetry
Lesson 7: Alliteration in Poetry (also available as a free download)
Lesson 8: Onomatopoeia in Poetry
Lesson 9: Hyperbole and Idioms in Poetry
Lesson 10: Strategies for Poetry Analysis
Test Review Activity
Final Poetry Test
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Lesson outlines with step-by-step teacher instructions (one for each lesson).
- Link to Engaging Google Slides Presentation that will guide you and your students through the lessons and the activities (one for each lesson).
- Teacher Modeling and Guided Practice built into Slides Presentation.
- Class Discussion Points.
- Independent Practice Activities.
- Creative Assignments.
- Answer Keys.
- Grading Rubrics.
- Instructions for accessing Google Slides Presentation
- Instructions for saving Google Slides Presentation as a PowerPoint Presentation.
You Might Also Like:
Freak the Mighty Skills-based Novel Unit
The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Complete Novel Unit
Informational Text Feature Unit
Did you know that TpT gives you credits toward future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!