At the beginning of the school year, this writing activity will give your students a chance to meet each other by grouping them according to the beginning letter of their first name, and learning about alliterative language at the same time!
This will also help you as the educator observe your students’ strengths and weaknesses as they work in cooperative groups, providing insight for working in future group activities.
Provided in this unit are:
• A list of trade books that feature alliteration
• Collaborative group roles
• Worksheet activities that correlate with examples of alliteration found in the trade books
• Vocabulary building logs using the alliterative words students use in their writing
• Writing Process Steps
• Student Group Presentations
• Rubric grading guide for the activities at the end of activity worksheets
• Lesson plans to guide the activities
• Online links to resources that give students more practice using alliteration
• Technology choices for research and creative presentations