Alliteration Alphabet Posters
The alliteration alphabet posters have been created with the primary goal to teach phonological awareness. Studies have shown that children who have underdeveloped phonological awareness in their preschool formation are at risk of having poor reading skills throughout their educational years. Also, there have been some studies that have shown the importance of phonological awareness in languages other than English, including Spanish. For these reasons, the alliteration alphabet posters have been thoughtfully created to promote to increase letter recognition, thinking and organization skills; that in essence, will lead to facilitate students becoming more proficient in the rhyming in the early years to creative writing such as poems.
Each alliteration poster contains:
• 30 Alphabet alliteration sheets
• Each alphabet letter comes with vocabulary to be used as independent practice/interactive notebook
• Interactive notebook – letter recognition
• Interactive notebook – short story
• Center/Hands on independent practice – Syllabic cards
• All the consonant letters come with a syllabic center where students read and manipulate the beginning syllable in a particular word
• Interactive notebook – Alliteration definition
• Homework or independent practice/interactive notebook where students cut words to form an alliterated sentence.
• NOTE - There is no homework/notebook for the letters ñ, rr, y and x.
• NOTE-The following letters Y, X, and Ñ – posters have been made; however, the letters mentioned are in the middle of the word.
Alphabet alliteration posters can also be compiled to make a book for the reading center.
Font size is Century Gothic 100.