This four-day lesson plan with printables will have your students understanding and writing alliterative sentences, culminating in a fun Alliteration Pyramid Poem! The first two days include an introduction and practice with alliteration. Then the next two days focus on creating the poems. The printables have a completed sample (if needed), and note that a picture book is recommended to kick off one of the days (not included). There are 3 different levels for a final copy of the pyramid poems. The Alliteration Pyramid Poems make use of some parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs), so this activity incorporates a number of skills!
This product includes:
- Four days of lesson plans, about 30 minutes each for Days 1-3 and a bit longer for Day 4
- Tips and Variations
- Alliterative poem for learning about alliteration
- Whole group alliteration practice and completed sample
- Alliteration Practice page and completed sample
- Alliteration Pyramid Poem Introduction page and completed sample
- Alliteration Pyramid Poem rough draft page (front and back)
- Final copy pyramid poem pages in 3 levels
- A completed pyramid poem to be cut out and used as a sample
If you have questions or ideas for how I can improve my products, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like this product, please leave positive feedback in order to receive credit toward future purchases! Also, consider following me on TpT!
Check out this poster set that pairs perfectly with this activity: Figurative Language and Poetic Elements Posters and Cards
Also check out these other resources:
Monster Simile Poem: Lesson Plans and Printables for Teaching Similes and a Poem
Writing Paper: Holidays, Seasons, and General Use
Fiction and Nonfiction Literature Circles Grades 3-5
Thank you and happy teaching!
© Erin Guge – All Rights Reserved
- You may not create anything to sell or share based on this product.
- This product is for one teacher use only. If others like the product, please send them to my TpT store.