PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Ally-saurus & the First Day of School : Reading Comprehension Book Companion & Activity Packet
Reading Level 3.6 *
This 33-page packet provides a variety of levels to reach each individual student. Please see preview pages and descriptions below . Worksheets include lined paper for easy handwriting practice:
33 Pages Total Include:
* 10 Comprehension open-ended questions with lined paper
* 10 Multiple Choice Questions
* answer sheet (corresponds with both sets)
* Story Elements : Who, What, When, Where, Main Idea, Problem Solving
* Reflection : Connection, Text-to-Self, Steps You Would Give to Make a Nameplate.
* Vocabulary Words in Use –insert the correct word in each sentence using the Vocabulary Word Box
* Vocabulary Words in Use Answer Sheet
* 20-Word Search page
* 10 Word Scramble page
* Spelling Words : 10 words plus 1 Bonus, from the book, on lined paper
* Spelling Test : blank, lined paper
* Story Map: Setting, Characters, Problem, Solution
* Step By Step : First, Next, Then, Last
* Title Page : Author, Illustrator, add your own illustration
* Design & Detail illustrating page : Design your own favorite book cover. Describe it.
* Opinion Journal : What did you think? What would you change?
* Sequencing : 12 Simple scenes to cut and put in order
* Sequencing answer sheet
* Sequencing : Blank paste sheet
* Cause & Effect : Fill in the Cause & Effect blanks
* ABC Order : 20 words from the book
* Math : 12 simple addition problems (or alter to multiplication if needed)
* Math : answer sheet
* Rhyme Time :15 words from the book, to match up to 15 rhyming words
* Book Report : Who is the author? Fiction or Non Fiction? Characters? Favorite part? Rate this book!
* Writing Prompt : with shaped lined paper : I Like to Pretend to be...
* Compare & Contrast Venn Diagram: Ally-saurus Vs. The Other Children
* Acrostic Poem : SCHOOL
* Contractions : 9 contractions to combine, or separate
* Follow the instructions : coloring, addition/subtraction using photos
* Follow the instructions : counting
** See my School-Related packets here : Teaching Inclusion School Packets
** Be sure to visit my store for many comprehension packets, and other activity worksheets! My packets strive for inclusion of all students. I provide lined paper, a choice of comprehension, simple activities, and answer sheets. I also take requests!
*** A big thank you to https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Empty-Jar-Illustrations for a few clip art illustrations!